The long awaited and long promised Tax Reform bill was finally introduced yesterday by leaders of the GOP. While it is light on specifics, there are several broad concepts proposed that, if passed, would have implications for many. Due to likely opposition from Democrats and deficit hawk Republicans alike, in addition to challenges keeping projected tax cuts below $1.5 trillion over the next 10 years as required by Congress’s Reconciliation Process, any bill that passes will likely look different from this proposal.
Still, it is good to understand what this bill is and isn’t and how it might affect you and your investments.
Below are quick links to help:
- The details of the plan and its full text (Business Insider)
- Six Charts That Help Explain the Republican Tax Plan (New York Times)
- A breakdown and possible road blocks the bill will have to overcome (Forbes)
- Changes proposed by the bill and opinions from a tax expert on these changes (The Reformed Broker)
- Does this Tax Reform Bill have a better chance than the GOP’s Healthcare Bills? (CNBC)